1) My commitment to you
All information you give me will be kept in confidence. Your personal details and medical information will not be made available to third parties unless permission to do so is granted by you.
Using my judgment and experience, I will suggest certain exercises and other lifestyle advice that I believe will help you achieve your personal goals, but if at any time you have specific requests please tell me so I can accommodate them.
I intend to work with you within the scope of my knowledge and competencies as a REPs Registered Exercise Professional. Therefore when I believe it is in your best interests to see another health professional, I will refer you appropriately.
If I (the trainer) cancels or runs late.
Unforeseen circumstances may arise which require our sessions to be rescheduled. In this event the following policy will apply:
- If I am forced to cancel our session within 24 hours I will make up the session at no charge to you.
- If I am forced to cancel our session giving you more than 24 hours’ notice I will reschedule as soon as possible.
- If I run late in starting our session I will extend the session time accordingly or make it up at a future date, whichever is most convenient to you.
Your responsibilities to me
Disclosure of information.
Please disclose all health information as requested at our initial consultation and keep me updated and informed of any changes to your health status. This includes all medical conditions; physical and mental, injuries, allergies, and medication you are taking. If necessary, you may need to seek clearance from your doctor before participation in the exercise programme I recommend.
Accepting potential risks
Whilst for most people exercise is hugely positive with many health benefits, there remains some risk that I require you to be aware of and for you to sign the informed consent and disclaimer that I will provide.
If you (the client) cancel or run late.
- If you cancel your session with less than 24 hours’ notice, or fail to show you will be required to pay 100% of the session fee.
- If you (the client) are late to a session, I will do my best to get the most out of the remaining time left in the session as I am unable to run over time due to previously arranged client commitments
Being prepared for your session.
To get the most out of your session I recommend the following:
- Have a small snack or light meal two or three hours before your session Be sure you are well hydrated and avoid alcohol prior to training
- If you are feeling unwell before your session please contact me
- Bring a small towel and water bottle to your session
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear (ask me if you are unsure) Be ready at the appointed time
Communication and Commitment
While I can give you the tools and encouragement to reach your goals, ultimately you will need to assume responsibility for making the required changes. I can best help you with this process if you keep me fully informed of any issues that arise for you and if you have any questions or concerns whatsoever please don’t hesitate to voice them with me.